As you may be aware, the 2021 census is on 21.03.2021 and everyone in the UK is required to fill it out. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has posted out unique identifying number to each person so that they can fill out the census and predicts that 75% of people will fill it out online. But what happens when you cannot read the letter or fill out the form as you have limited vision.
The ONS has taken steps to make sure that blind and visually impaired people are included, which are:
- Sending all letters in 16pt to make them easier to read and for apps like Seeing AI to recognise.
- Making the online forms readable by screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver.
- Making online forms adaptable on size and colour.
- Allowing people to request large print forms.
- Making it possible to respond on the phone at 0800 141 2021.
To fill out your census return you can go to https://census.gov.uk/, fill out the paperwork that comes in the post or call