Home Visiting Scheme
Does your eyesight make it difficult to deal with the post?
Are there odd jobs (sewing on a button perhaps, or keeping your CD collection in order) that you would appreciate help with?
Would you like a bit of company – someone to pop in for a chat?
Would it be easier to get out – perhaps to the local shops or for a stroll in the park – if someone came with you?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’, OAB’s Volunteer Home Visiting Scheme might help.
- The scheme runs mainly in Oxford city.
- Volunteers usually visit once a week for about an hour.
- We will find a day and time for the visits that suit both you and the volunteer.
- It does not cost anything to take part.
- All volunteers are trained by OAB. We take up references and each person is checked by the Criminal Records Bureau.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will introduce you to your volunteer and keep in touch with regular phone calls.
Please email our Volunteering Coordinator email@example.com or telephone us for more information on 01865 725595. The first step is a visit from our Volunteering Coordinator – an opportunity to find out more about the scheme, ask any questions, and decide if you would like to take part.